Facial hyperhidrosis is an especially difficult situation for its immediate social repercussions. It is significantly hard to hide facial hyperhidrosis, and this might also lead to hyperhidrosis in the scalp area, even if there isn’t any specific tension or physical effort behind it. Of course, this often leads to stimulation, restlessness and anxiety. Facial hyperhidrosis happens to men and women equally, and is often transferred genetically through the mother or father.
Facial hyperhidrosis, like other forms of hyperhidrosis, is a sweat disorder related to a malfunction of the sympathetic nervous system. This system includes the nervous and fiber nerves which we cannot control.
If you’re suffering from facial hyperhidrosis, the first thing you need to do is discuss this with your doctor and/or dermatologist. They would be able to tell you of the latest techniques, technologies and treatments to deal and heal the disorder.
Important to know: whoever suffers from facial hyperhidrosis must be patient. Generally, it’s important to be prepared to try different methods, some natural some less natural. Hyperhidrosis is different with every person, so what may work for others may not work for you, and vice versa. The optimal treatment for facial hyperhidrosis has yet to be found.
There is a surgical treatment called ETS endoscopic, which is an extreme procedure. This procedure is done by anesthesia and its ability to increase the hyper-activity of the aforementioned nervous system. Most facial hyperhidrosis sufferers who undergone this operation tend to report that it was a safe procedure for the most part, but they also experienced complications and problems. Many times, the patient will notice hyperhidrosis in other areas of his body – a kind of compensating effect. Yet, ETS is more effective for axillary hyperhidrosis. Sweat cessation surgery sounds bad exactly as it is. When the case is facial hyperhidrosis, the idea of surgery always poses danger.
The rest of the treatments run between herbal remedies and regular medication. In more extreme cases, surgery might be required. It’s important to prevent facial sweat as much as possible, in any way, because it may cause infections and skin problems.
Nowadays, patients are advised to try other, more conservative, options instead of surgery. Different conservative methods include medications such as anti-cholinergic medications. These medications may also be combined with anti-anxiety medications.
Treatment is different from one person to another. It really depends on the root of the problem. If your sweat is caused by controllable factors, such as diet, caffeine or unhealthy nutrition, preventing sweat shouldn’t be that difficult.
Here are some treatment methods that could assist:
- Cleansing is always a good idea. To prevent sweat, one of the best ways is to remove toxins and chemicals from the body. This could be done by drinking large quantities of water every day, avoiding doing drugs, alcohol, junk food, red meat, and more.
- It’s also possible to consider using natural remedies for sweat prevention. Popular natural remedies include milk thistle, silica, ginger, and tea tree oil.
- If your scalp hyperhidrosis happens due to anxiety, you may try anti-anxiety medication. Food additives, such as vitamin B complex, magnesium, calcium, and zinc may assist in anxiety prevention. If you’re on certain medication, you must check with your doctor if it’s okay to combine things from the list above with your own medication.
- Are you getting enough magnesium in your diet? Magnesium provides neural support. Since tension may cause sweating, you must do what you can to strengthen your nervous system. Without enough magnesium in your diet, your nerves will characterize in over-stimulation.
You may also take magnesium additives or begin eating foods such as sunflower seeds, spinach, almonds, beans and avocado.
- Mixture of seeds and flowers should serve a good medicine for facial sweating. You marinade them in water for a few minutes, and then grind them. Smear the dough on your forehead and neck and keep it on for a short period of time. This will help prevent bacteria and bad sweat odor.
- Herbal tea is a good natural remedy worth trying. It is a healthy alternative, substituting drinking containing caffeine. The medicinal qualities of herbal remedies are amazing. Sweat prevention is just one of the many health advantages you can expect by drinking one or two cups of herbal tea every day. Several good types of herbal tea: chamomile, salvia, green tea, and strawberry.
- Apple vinegar is another wonderful natural remedy for facial sweating. Swallow 2 spoons of apple vinegar every day for at least a week. Afterwards you witness a smaller amount of sweat within a short period of time.
- Examine well which hair products you are using. Sometimes, chemicals in certain shampoo or cheap conditioners, or design and care products may cause sweating problems. Use only organic products for your hair.
- You must make sure you drink enough water! Even if today you are drinking plenty of water, you must increase your consumption. The more you drink, the less you sweat.
We hope that with these advices, you will be able to reduce your facial hyperhidrosis. Facial sweat can lead to skin problems, acne, and other problems if not take care of properly. Take your time to teach yourself more about the subject and what can be done in order to treat the problem.